With the support of the French Ministry of culture and communication, the ACCR has been coordinating, the Odyssée artist-in-residency program. The program is aiming at artists, researchers and culture professionals from countries other than France wanting to develop projects within French Cultural Centers – Historic Monuments. More than 550 artists from over 76 different countries have taken part in the program, developing projects in different areas such as music, architecture, arts and crafts, visual arts, dramatic writing, novel writing, scriptwriting, animated film-making, photography and journalism.
It is aiming at artists, researchers and culture professionals coming from countries other than France. Applications from the following countries will be examined in priority:
- Algeria, Afganistan, Egypt, Iraq, Iran, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestine,Tunisia ;
- Mexico, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Costa Rica, Chile, Haiti, Cuba;
- Benin, Senegal, Burkina Faso, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, South Africa;
- Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam.
Applications for a residency period in the area of artistic and cultural projects must be in line with the artistic project of the selected French cultural center (see list below). Artists, researchers and culture professionals wanting to apply for a residency period in 2018 within a French Cultural Center, have to send their projects to the selected center, with one copy to the ACCR office, before the 13th of December 2017.
Applications for a residency period in the area of cultural management and networking are to be sent directly to the ACCR, before the 13th of December 2017.
– by post to : ACCR, Hôtel de Massa, 38 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
– by e-mail to : firstname.lastname@example.org, including “Odyssée 2018” as the subject.
Applications should include:
- Curriculum vitae / short biography;
- Personal project for the residency period in line with the global project of the welcoming center;
- Cover letter;
- Recommendation letter;
- Proof of residence (recent utility bill i.e. telephone, gas, electric);
- Copy of passport or national identity card.
The Odyssée artist-in-residency program allows residents whose projects have been selected by a CCR (Centre Culturel de Rencontre), member of the French network, to receive 1200€ per month and the refunding of their travel fees (up to a determined level according to the citizen’s country). Residents are staying free of charge, within the Centre that has accepted them. Whenever possible, the Centre puts at their disposal material necessary for their residency project. The period of residency can vary between 1 and 6 months.
- January 2018 : Odyssée Commission deciding on the applications
- March 2018 : Answers to applications.
For further information, please contact: email@example.com