With the support of the French Ministry of culture, the ACCR has been coordinating, the NORA artist-in-residence program for refugees exiled in France. The program is aiming at artists, researchers and culture professionals from countries in war, who have recently received a refugee status in France. The goal is to develop projects within French Heritage Site Centers for Arts and Creation (Centres culturels de rencontre), with the support of their team, and consequently getting a practical knowledge of French cultural, artistic and intellectual networks and building long-term connections and partnerships.
Initiated in 2016, NORA program has permitted to host in French Cultural centers for several months eleven artists from Middle-East. Taking part in NORA program helped them to connect with various professional structures working with poetry and visual arts. Some of them managed to publish their first book, others were able to continue to create, make exhibitions, animated films.
The call is aimed at artists, researchers and culture professionals from Near and Middle East and from Africa, who have recently received a refugee status in France, following countries will be examined in priority Syria, Iraq, Libya, South Soudan, Eritrea and Yemen.
- Applications for a residency period in the area of artistic and cultural projects must be in line with the artistic project of the selected French cultural center (download the document : FRENCH – ENGLISH – العربية). Artists, researchers and culture professionals wanting to apply for a residency period in 2018 within a French Cultural Center, have to send their projects to the selected center, with one copy to the ACCR office, before the 23th of April 2018.
- Applications for a residency period in the area of cultural management and networking are to be sent directly to the ACCR, before the 23th of April 2018.
– by post to : ACCR, Hôtel de Massa, 38 rue du Faubourg Saint Jacques, 75014 Paris, France
– by e-mail to: email@example.com, including “NORA 2018” as the subject.
Applications should include:
- Curriculum vitae / short biography;
- Personal project for the residency period in line with the global project of the welcoming center;
- Cover letter;
- Recommendation letter;
- Copy of passport or national identity card;
- Copy of French residence permit or other documents received from the prefecture.
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any difficulties in providing some of the documents mentioned above.
Handwritten versions of Curriculum vitae, cover letter, recommendation letter are accepted, if easily readable.
The NORA refugee artist-in-residence program allows residents whose projects have been selected by a CCR (Centre Culturel de Rencontre), member of the French network, to receive 1000€ per month and the refunding of their travel fees (up to a determined level according to the distance to the residency center). Residents are staying free of charge, within the Centre that has accepted them. Whenever possible, the Centre puts at their disposal material necessary for their residency project. The period of residency can vary from 1 to 6 months.
- April-May 2018: Nora Commission deciding on the applications
- End of Mai 2018: Answers to applications
For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, or at 01 53 34 97 00
Download the call for projects :